Whether you want a fully fledged photography business or a side hustle, there are some important factors you need to consider if you want to get paid for your shots. In this episode, Gina and Valerie discuss the mistakes you should avoid in order to create a thriving creative business.
Gina and Valerie hope you enjoy the podcast.
Sign up to the newsletter for great tips and free Lightroom presets.
Join the dynamic Gold Membership in our Community which delivers monthly tutorials, live mastermind and lots of behind the scenes videos into the creative process.
Ready to start a photography business? Here are some common mistakes to avoid.
- Giving up your day job.
- Quitting too soon
- Ignoring social media
- Only relying on social media
- Placing all your eggs in one basket
- Poor training and mentorship (learn how to shoot, how to charge etc)
- Charging too little
- Investing in gear too early
- No networking skills
- No basic business skills (TAX, insurance, contracts, cashflow)
- Lack of Editing and workflow knowledge
- A business name that nobody can remember or find.